Tuesday, July 28, 2009

For some reason I have combination/mix hair .Oily scalp and the r est of my hair is very dry , help

I've always had dry hair and I've tried to work with that, but now combinaton hair ?? how is that possible ?? I have an oily scalp and the rest of my hair is very dry, AAH!!!



What shampoos, treatments or products do you recommend ??



Help !! Thank's a billion 閳?br>For some reason I have combination/mix hair .Oily scalp and the r est of my hair is very dry , help !!?



When you wash your hair always use lukewarm water. Hot water will dry out your hair. Don't use shampoo designed for oily hair. It is best to use a shampoo designed for normal hair I'd use Pantene classic clean shampoo and conditioner.



When washing your hair, use a dime to quarter sized blob of shampoo apply it to your scalp and upper head area. Use the majority of the shampoo lather on the scalp. To wash the ends, let the shampoo foam and suds gently flow down your hair. Let enough suds drain through your ends to clean them. Never apply shampoo directly to the ends this will dry your ends out. If you want to, you can take some of the suds and carefully pat them to the dry ends. Just remember to be gentle and careful.



Use Pantene classic care conditioner but make sure it is at least a few inches away from your scalp. Never apply conditioner directly to your scalp area. Make sure you rinse well. Use a cool water rinse as your final rinse. This will moisturize to your ends and will cut down any oiliness on your scalp



Pantene has this great overnight hair treatment or sometimes I use one of the Pantene hair masks. Just use it on the dry parts of your hair.You can also use slightly warm extra virgin olive oil, jojoba oil or baby oil, on your dry hair areas, 30 minutes before you shower.



Try not to over dry your hair with a blow dryer, if you use a hair dryer make sure your hair is damp. Pantene has great gels, hair sprays etc for various hair types.



Also getting your hair trimmed regularly helps with the dry ends.



Good luck



For some reason I have combination/mix hair .Oily scalp and the r est of my hair is very dry , help !!?

same here!! try aussie dual personality shampoo and conditioner!



works great!!



For some reason I have combination/mix hair .Oily scalp and the r est of my hair is very dry , help !!?

Put baby oil olny on your hair and if that works dont twirl youre hair it makes it look greesey



For some reason I have combination/mix hair .Oily scalp and the r est of my hair is very dry , help !!?

I've used VO5 conditioning dressing with good results. After you dry and style (but before using hair spray), rub a small amount into your palm and use it on the dry ends and frizzy sections.



For some reason I have combination/mix hair .Oily scalp and the r est of my hair is very dry , help !!?

I have the exact same problemo... First of all, I just want to make sure you aren't putting conditioner on your root line... That is the number one way people get greasy scalp! For best results, use a gel shampoo rather than a creamy one, and when you do apply conditioner, only put it on your ends, as they are the most damaged and dry parts. Your roots are healthy because it's newer hair. Biolage normalizing shampoo is good, as well as their ultra-hydrating conditioner.



For some reason I have combination/mix hair .Oily scalp and the r est of my hair is very dry , help !!?

Your ends are so dry because you probably have to wash it daily due to your oily scalp. The trick is to actually wash your hair less often...There are great dry shampoos/sprays (any drugstore should have them) if not, try putting baby powder on your scalp (rub in very well!) this is a great way to soak up the excess oil. Then, just wash and deep condition your hair every other day using good quality products. I personally like redken all-soft (you can find this at salons)

No comments:

Post a Comment