Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Dyed hair twice and now it's super dry - help!?

Okay - here's the problem.



I dyed my hair about 4 weeks ago and the color turned out aweful - so bad that I was embarassed to go to work the next day.



To "fix" this problem, I went and bought a more suitable color for me, and re-dyed my hair. (I know...bad!) The new color turned out nice but ever since then, my hair has been SUPER dry.



I should also mention that I use a flat iron everyday, but I've used a flat iron everyday even before I ever dyed my hair, and it never felt dry like it does now.



Is there anything I can do to restore the softness to my hair? I've been using different moisturing shampoos and such, but nothing is working.



What would you suggest to make my hair soft again and not feel so dry?



Dyed hair twice and now it's super dry - help!?

Put mayonise in your hair it will restore it and give it shine and luster u can also use avocados GOOD LUCK:)



Dyed hair twice and now it's super dry - help!?

try putting in conditioner and then wrapping your hair in a hot towel leave it in for 30 min and then rinse it with vinager and then rinse it with cold water the vinager will help seal the cutical and the moisture back in the hair hope this helps froma cosmetologist



Dyed hair twice and now it's super dry - help!?

I've been in your situation, and it is no fun!



If your hair is really damaged, you may have to cut some off, otherwise the split ends could spread upwards and damage the rest of your hair. GET AT LEAST AN INCH CUT OFF ASAP. DO NOT TRIM IT YOURSELF!! (I tried this and it looked awful). Also:



1. Stop using a flat-iron. In fact, avoid all heated hair appliances.



2. Get a deep conditioner like Nexus Humectress and leave it on for about an hour under a hot towel, then rinse most of it off. Do this once or twice a week.



3. Wash your hair less, especially if it is wavy or curly.



4. Get a consult at a beauty salon that comes with recommendations from people you know. A consult should be free. If they suggest you cut off your hair, tell them you'll think about it and come back so you don't make an impulse decision. Don't bring your wallet---you may regret that super-short cut tomorrow.



5 . Don't use shampoos with sulfates--they dry out your hair.



6. Don't use products with ingredients that end in "-cone" (such as dimethicone). These ingredients coat your hair and make it look better temporarily but will dry out your hair in the long run.



7. If you have curly or wavy hair, consider the "no shampoo" route. Get more information at Naturallycurly.com



8. Lay off of the dye for at least 6 months. Your hair will thank you.



9. Try not to freak out. Your hair will grow out and recover eventually.



Good luck!



Dyed hair twice and now it's super dry - help!?

ive had this happen to me to last year..something that really ended up helping me is putting a leave in conditioner in my hair . i used one by paul mitchell. after showering put some in let it dry with it in, it might make it a bit oily but your hair will get gradually softer and healthier.



i did this all last summer and by september it was back to normal and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment