Wednesday, October 7, 2009

People with dry, curly hair should not wash more than 3-4 times weekly?

I heard somewhere that people with dry, curly hair should not wash it more than a few times a week, but to use conditioner everyday. How do you do this? Just wet your hair when you shower, but don't shampoo and use conditioner? Seems kind of weird to me.



I'm willing to do it though, because my hair is very dry and frizzy. I use Dove shampoo and conditioner and use leave-in conditioner after and that's it (no hair spray, styling moose, etc.) but my hair is completely unmanageable (and not to mention poofy) unless I straighten it. And, I don't want to straighten my hair everyday because that'll just damage and dry out my hair even more.



Any other tips will be well appreciated.



People with dry, curly hair should not wash more than 3-4 times weekly?

Yes, it does work! i have REALLY dry hair, and I read an article about how to get rid of it in a magazine. You should wash your hair only about every other day, or when your hair is greasy and/or dirty. When you do wash your hair, only wash the roots. Washing the ends will dry it out more, and when you rinse the shampoo out of your hair, suds run down the rest of your hair to clean any excess dirt. On days that you don't wash your hair, you should wet your hair down, and apply conditioner all over at the beginning of your shower, then leave it in for 3-5 minutes. Also, condition your hair the same way on days that you shampoo your hair. Leaving it on for that amount of time allows the moisture to penetrate to each strand. Use a deep conditioner once a week as well. Keep using your leave-in conditioner. In case you're wondering, I use garnier fructis moisture works for most of my hair products. If your hair is still dry after all of this, look up some homemade moisturizing hair recipes online. Hope this helps.



People with dry, curly hair should not wash more than 3-4 times weekly?

yeep just dampen/wet your hair and apply the conditioner



they also say you should like workout while your conditioning your hiar cuz the body heat helps or somethin but idk if thats true



maybe you shoud try swtching condtioners around?see if you like any other ones or if there is anything better for your then dove



and maybe try some kind of de-frizzing serum



People with dry, curly hair should not wash more than 3-4 times weekly?

I have the SAME problem as you girl!! I didnt know that. Maybe ill try it! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment